Thursday, July 14, 2011

Baby Love

I love the link-up parties that Shell from Things I Can't Say always comes up with.  They're cute, creative and help us all feel connected as women and mothers.

This week she asked for people to submit photos of Rockin' The Baby - showing love, nurturing, laughter, whatever.  Unfortunately, I couldn't find the digital image of my favorite pic of Superman and I together in the hospital.  Although later I would experience Postpartum Anxiety,  those first few days in the hospital with him were when I fell completely, 100% head-over-heels in LOVE with my little boy and it showed in every picture.

With Sidekick it was a little different.  I was still completely in love with her but this time around I was much more relaxed and at ease in the role of new mom.  I think it shows in this picture.  This picture was taken on her first day of life and I was so overwhelmed with gratitude that God had given me a beautiful, healthy little girl.  I kept whispering to her, "I love you, I love you" hoping that she would somehow understand.

Just this week she started pulling on my leg and saying, "mama, mama" when she wants me.  I think she understands.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...